Last name: Sandak
IVALSA institute: San Michele all'Adige
Phone: +39 0461 660202
Jakub Michal Sandak - researcher profile
Doctor of Philosophy in Bioproduction Science from Tottori University (Japan).
Master of Science in Natural Resources Process Engineering from Shimane University (Japan).
Engineer of Wood Science and Technology from University of Life Sciences in Poznan (Poland).
Carpenter from a third generation, for the moment researcher at IVALSA/CNR (Italy).
Visiting scientist to FPInnovations (Canada), short term projects at Trento University (Italy) and BOKU University (Austria).
Research interest include (among others):
- wood machining;
- non-destructive testing;
- surface engineering and characterization;
- wood modification;
- numerical modelling;
- biomass valorisation;
- applications of spectroscopic methods in wood science.
Coordinator of following projects:
- SWORFISH (420.000€) co-financed by Autonomous Province of Trento;
- ISPM-15-NIR (50.000€) in collaboration with Federlegno (Italy);
- BISYPLAN (33.000€) as a part of BIOENAREA/INTEREG.
Designer of unique laboratory equipment, such as:
- 3D roughness scanner;
- 3D gloss meter;
- 3D sessile drop scanner;
- sliding drop scanner (in cooperation with Trento University, Italy);
- cutting edge scanner for woodworking tools;
- robot assisting FT-NIR spectrometer;
- among others.
Member of several COST Actions, actually serving as Managing Committee substitute member of COST FP0904 and Working Group vice-leader of COST FP1006
The scientific work is my life passion...